Chapter 31.2 - Crystal Nucleus Finally In Hand (2)

Please consider supporting this site by turning off or whitelisting this site on your Adblocker.


I hope you're reading this on Novels with Yun.

The sun hung high in the sky, scattering a golden light upon everything below.

The earth underfoot roasted, scorched as the temperature rapidly rose.

On such a hot day, a good portion of people wouldn’t want to go out at all if they hadn’t had to make a living. Those that worked outdoors were very worried, concerned that in a moment of carelessness they might pass out from the heat and sun.

The Ji Anran who was lying on the bed finally moved, slowly opening his eyes.

"Yanhua, get me a glass of water." Ji Anran's voice was still a little hoarse.

Hearing the other voice, Geng Yan came in and stuffed a cup of water into Ji Anran's hand.

Ji Anran: "......"

Right, the layout of this bedroom, it’s his and Geng-ge’s... Bah, this is Geng-ge's house!

"Geng-ge, why am I here? Didn't I say yesterday that I would spend the night at Yanhua's?" Ji Anran drank the glass of water and felt that his throat was much more comfortable now.

Geng Yan sat on the edge of the bed. Without a change in his expression, he answered, "I wasn’t assured, so I brought you back."

"Forcibly brought me back?" The corner of Ji Anran’s lips twitched.

Although Yanhua was relatively strong, the chance of him winning against Geng-ge wasn’t high.

Having it be exposed like this, Geng Yan didn't feel guilty at all but very self-righteously said, "No matter how one looks at Wei Yanhua, he isn’t straight. It's not safe for you to stay there."

"He's also a zero[1], too! I’d only run the risk of being slept if I were with you..." Ji Anran choked up after saying it up until here and couldn’t continue speaking any further.

Since they were reunited, he and Geng-ge have been sharing the same bed for so long, but never once had there been any misfire. So actually, he was really very safe, haha.

Ji Anran took a deep breath and raised his head, looking back at the other with a smiling face.

"Geng-ge, from now on, we’ll be good friends."

"When I was away last night, what did Wei Yanhua say to you?"

Geng Yan’s mind was very meticulous, and immediately he figured out that Wei Yanhua - that b★st★rd - must have done some sabotage.

Ji Anran clenched his small hands.

What else could he have said, he merely pointed out that my feelings for you weren’t pure enough, weren’t deep enough. In fact, I really shouldn’t continue harming you like this. You’ve been so good to me, but I’ve always...

"Nothing much. He just helped me confront some of the problems that I had been avoiding up until now, I feel very grateful to him."

Geng Yan: “......”

I also feel very “grateful” to him.

Not only did he get you to decide to be just friends with me but also got you to regard him as such an amazingly good person.

"Geng-ge, as just a friend, it's too ambiguous for me to live in your house and sleep in your bed. I'll go look for a room and move out as soon as possible." Ji Anran flipped over and got out of bed, directly walking to the cabinet to open the drawer.

Geng Yan: “......”

Geng Yan's expression revealed his internal struggles and hesitation.

He had thought that Anran was just acting on a moment’s impulse last night, that the other would be fine after a night’s rest. But from the look of it now, it seemed that he will have to face this problem after all.

After getting a set of clothes, Ji Anran brought them directly into the bathroom to change, leaving Geng Yan sitting there alone, tangled in his own thoughts.

Before Geng Yan was able to detangle himself, Ji Anran had already come out in casual wear.

The casual wear was white, simple but fashionable. Ji Anran in white clothes, along with that pure little face of his, made him seem just like a little lamb that didn’t know anything about the world, very terribly cute.

"Geng-ge, give me my luggage, I'll move out right now."

"You can find a house so soon?" Geng Yan was surprised.

Ji Anran held out an open hand. "I'll move into Yanhua’s house first, his guest room is quite big. I'll move to a new house after I find it."

"Anran..." Geng Yan held Ji Anran's hand.

Why don't, we get back together?

The last thing Geng Yan wanted to see was Ji Anran getting along with Wei Yanhua.

But Ji Anran had already interrupted him before his words were finished.

"By the way, Geng-ge, can you give me that wind-type crystal nucleus that you got from before? I'll return you a third-rank nucleus of another type in the future." Ji Anran squeezed his small hand tight and took a deep breath. "In fact, I have dual abilities, the other ability is wind-type."

Geng Yan was stunned still. "You’re a dual-abilities holder?"

It was impossible for Geng Yan to not have found anything odd with Ji Anran's strength.

But he hadn't thought about it in that direction at all. Such that, even if he saw that Ji Anran sometimes seemed very powerful, he only felt that Ji Anran was talented and moreover hardworking, so the heavens had rewarded him.

Who would have thought that someone perfectly strong would go out of their way to pretend to be ordinary?

Geng Yan thought about it for a moment, his heart felt a bit touched. "Anran, did you pretend to be just an ordinary person for me?"

"En."

Ji Anran nodded, but then seemingly having found that it was too humiliating to have failed after such great efforts, he added another sentence.

"But, but probably, also not completely. It’s deceiving pretending to be weak, so there’s the effect of achieving results by catching others off-guard."

Geng Yan took out the crystal nucleus, putting it into Ji Anran's hand.

"For you, but I have one condition. All the houses in this new area for the base’s ability holders have already been sold out. You won't be able to find a better house than here unless one of the families isn't able to carry on anymore and need to sell or if the base expands again."

A fire burned in Geng Yan's eyes. "I hope you won’t move out, would you agree?"

He was too rash just now. It'd be too insincere of him to request getting back together just like that.

This entire time, he hadn’t wanted to lose Anran, but this feeling of worry over whether the other would leave again after they get back together was sometimes just too unreasonable. Being just ordinary friends was a state that he had wanted to maintain before, but with Wei Yanhua jumping up and down, how could he rest assured?

Ji Anran's hand closed around the nucleus, his smile super bright.

"Geng-ge, you even gave me the crystal nucleus already. Are you not afraid that I’ll just directly take it and leave, refusing to agree to your condition?"

Geng Yan's eyes were full of indulging for the other. "Then there really isn’t anything that I could do."

The joking smile on Ji Anran's face faded, replaced by a worried look.

He only agreed after hesitating for a long time. "Okay. I just hope it won’t bring you any trouble."

"No trouble. It’s my pleasure." Geng Yan’s lips curled into a smile.

My pleasure...

Ji Anran blinked, but soon he waved away that bit of strange feeling that rose in his heart.

Geng-ge had been reluctant to get back together with him this entire time, so how could he be teasing him? It must have been his overactive mind.


I hope you're reading this on Novels with Yun.

[1] ‘Zero’ - a way to say shou/uke/etc. On the flipside is ‘one’.


I hope you're reading this on Novels with Yun.

Readers may sponsor chapters through the translator's kofi, PayPal, or Venmo for quicker and longer updates.

Thank you for reading!


I hope you're reading this on Novels with Yun.

<< || Novel's Page || >>

Comments

  1. Nucleus GET! =D
    I expected the wind ability reveal to be a bit more dramatic than this lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Well... The build up was how it came out and what happened before this point... So... Ahahah...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 18 - Cohabitation

Chapter 22 - A Whole Suitcase...

Chapter 20 - Is It Too Late To Go Back On His Words (2)