Chapter 43.1 - The Disappeared Surveillance Video

Please consider supporting this site by turning off or whitelisting this site on your Adblocker.


I hope you're reading this on Novels with Yun.

Ji Anran, who had faked innocence an untold amount of times since the start of the apocalypse: ......This time, I’m really not faking it!

"You said that I was the one who brought Feng Yu the zombie virus, do you have any evidence?" WIth some bitterness, Ji Anran chomped down on the last bite of the watermelon and then with a flip of his hand, threw over the watermelon rind.

Chen Xiaohui was hit by the rind. With his face stained with the red watermelon juice, he seemed to cut a rather sorry figure.

The leader of the law enforcement team raised his hand, clenching it into a fist before putting it to his lip. "*cough cough* Please don't attack the suspect."

"Anran!"

Geng Yan cried out, he then walked over to pick up the watermelon rind to throw it into the garbage can. "You can’t just arbitrarily litter, do you understand?"

Ji Anran with an aggrieved face. "Isn’t it only because I was provoked to anger?! I was happily sitting at home, yet people started being watchful and suspicious thinking I turned into a zombie. Here, I came specifically to see which grandson did such a good deed, yet again got splashed with more dirty water. If he’s going to throw mud at me[1], then I'll throw some on his face too!"

Geng Yan took out a bottle of mineral water to help Ji Anran wash his paws.

Because the other was eating watermelon just now, Ji Anran's hands had gotten a bit dirty. Geng Yan’s careful kneading, was just so, so attentive and focused.

Everyone at the scene ate this mouthful of dog food, that feeling in their hearts was indescribable. This caused Chen Xiaohui to become even angrier. After his rebirth, he had done his best to seduce Geng Yan, but he still ended up losing to Ji Anran. And it was even a tragic defeat!

"What I said is the truth, you obviously attacked me to silence me." Chen Xiaohui said indignantly as he wiped his face.

His expression was savage and ferocious, and his eyes extremely terrifying.

Ji Anran revealed a little white flower-esque expression and shrank into Geng Yan's arms in fear.

"You can even be killed by a piece of watermelon rind? Why don't you just say I’m being too loud and will scare you to death? Geng-ge, his expression is really scary..."

Once Big Boss Ji’s desire to perform pops its head, no one would be able to stop him.

Geng Yan chuckled to himself and stretched out his arms to pull Ji Anran into his embrace.

"I'm here, don't be afraid."

"Wait a minute." Ji Anran pushed Geng Yan away. "I almost forgot, we’re only good friends now."

Geng Yan: "......"

And here I thought that there was finally progress.

As Chen Xiaohui's confession was outside the law enforcement team’s expectations, all of a sudden, the situation fell into a deadlock.

"Chen Xiaohui, is there any evidence for what you just said?"

Chen Xiaohui clenched his fist tight. "I don't. But as long as something had happened, it would definitely leave traces. If you guys investigate the Dean, you will probably be able to find some evidence that he has either created or destroyed reagents of the zombie virus."

And certainly these words of his were poisonous enough, as he knew that the serum in the safe had already been replaced by a zombie virus compound. As soon as he splashed the dirty water out, no matter whether Feng Yu had destroyed the zombie potion or stored it away after he found it, once it was revealed through an investigation, there would be no way the other would be able to escape carrying the blame.

"I’m quite familiar with Feng Yu as a person, it’s highly unlikely that he’s capable of doing such a bad thing. However, in order to prove Feng Yu’s innocence, I hope the law enforcement team can investigate it, so as to block the mouth of those who are chattering on about nonsense." The vice dean said smilingly.

Chen Xiaohui sneered to no end in his heart.

This old thing, the acting is quite on point! Then was it your twin brother who hinted at me in the restroom to frame Feng Yu previously? Ha.

The leader of the law enforcement team had naturally already thought of the existence of surveillance videos, and he had sent people to investigate.

"Captain, these are the surveillance videos from the Research Institute."

Feng Yu’s lips hooked up. "The serum I got to give to Ji Anran that day had passed through other people's hands. It was packed by a warehouse management staff for me. Since Chen Xiaohui planned to plant such a thing on me and Ji Anran, he probably did something to that serum."

"Chen Xiaohui, did you deliberately take tissue from zombies to extract and purify toxins from it? You produced a serum from the toxin, and then went to find a chance to exchange it with the ability stimulation serum that Feng Yu was going to give me, right?" Ji Anran looked at Chen Xiaohui with all smiles.

He actually completely saw through it!

Chen Xiaohui was scared to break out in a cold sweat. "Don't speak nonsense. How would I know that Feng Yu is planning to send you a stimulation serum?"

"In fact, it's not hard to reason out. Yanhua and I are good friends, while Feng Yu is Yanhua's admirer. My ability is too trash, yet I would still be outside the entire day killing zombies. The likelihood that I would use the stimulation serum is as high as 80%. Feng Yu took the initiative to ask the warehouse for the serum, if not for me, then who would it have been for?"

Chen Xiaohui clenched his fist tight and turned his head aside. "You can guess however you like, that’s your own business. I don't care to bother about it."

At that time, he had taken extreme care to block the camera with his body. It was absolutely impossible for anything to have been filmed!

"According to the investigation, Chen Xiaohui had gone to the warehouse office a few days ago, it’s just… the video had been deleted by someone."

Chen Xiaohui was stunned, but then he quickly reacted. "I haven't done anything, someone must’ve intentionally deleted the video to create the illusion that I had gone to destroy the evidence."

Feng Yu also seemed a bit surprised, and he exchanged a look with Ji Anran.

Because of the lack of evidence, the law enforcement team decided to first detain Chen Xiaohui. The other matters must be investigated slowly afterward.


I hope you're reading this on Novels with Yun.

[1] “To throw dirty water” has the same meaning as the saying “to throw mud [at another].” Here there’s just a lot of repetition of “dirty water.”


I hope you're reading this on Novels with Yun.

Readers may sponsor chapters through the translator's kofi, PayPal, or Venmo for quicker and longer updates.

Thank you for reading!


I hope you're reading this on Novels with Yun.

<< || Novel's Page || >>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 18 - Cohabitation

Chapter 22 - A Whole Suitcase...

Chapter 20 - Is It Too Late To Go Back On His Words (2)